Last fall I found a pin on Pinterest showing a teacup bracelet and I instantly fell in love with them. I went to the artists site on Etsy and knew I could never afford one of her beautiful bracelets. I have a very large collection of teacups, but I didn’t want to “attempt” making one out of my collection, so off to Goodwill I went. I found a few and began the journey on how to make them.
I googled it and found a few threads on how people had attempted to make them, but not one had complete success. I spent many sleepless nights trying to figure this out, and attempted to cut a few with my dremel, but without success, just added more pieces to my mosaic collection 🙂 I decided a wet tile saw would be the solution, not realizing what I was getting into. I built a jig to hold my cup and fired up the wet saw, did I mention I have never operated one before, lol. My kitchen was coated with ceramic dust, mixed with water, what a mess !! I did end up with a wonderful bracelet that just needed some fine sanding to finish it off.
If you have been following my blog, you probably noticed that I am never happy with 1 of anything. I managed to get Don involved (what a great sport) and we moved the project to the basement, covered the area with drop cloths and cut a few more. I am totally in love with the finished product, and love wearing them when I get dressed up.