What does celebrating Thanksgiving represent or symbolize to you?
Our Thanksgiving is about family, and our menu is always a family affair. I start thinking about the menu in September, asking family members what they would like this year, I love taking special requests, and my family enjoys having their requests served. I just spent a wonderful evening with two of my favorite ladies discussing the menu.
I love the holiday; it’s on my top 2 list, Christmas being number 1. I am totally, 100 percent in it for the turkey, and I look forward to the leftovers. I tend to overdo, so I was thinking about a simpler menu, but who am I kidding,.. We always had an open door policy for the holidays, so I always make extra.
Appetizers – by request
- Roasted Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto
- Parmesan Cheese Ball
- Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip
- Vegetable platter
- Fresh garden salad
- Pumpkin Soup
- Oven Roasted Turkey with Sage Butter
- Make-Ahead Roasted Turkey Gravy
- Mashed potatoes
- French cut green beans with slivered almonds
- Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Bananas with Honey
- Finger rolls
- Fresh cranberry sauce
Desserts – by request
And more than the food, I am looking forward to spending time with my family and loved ones on such an important day of the year. We have so much to be thankful for, and there is nothing in life like your family.
What’s on your Thanksgiving menu?
I’m excited to be a part of this edition of Collectively Creative! The theme for this month is, appropriately, being Thankful.
- Our Family’s Thankful Journal (Cobwebs, Cupcakes & Crayons)
- Mrs. Hetherington’s Thanksgiving Pageant (Pillows A-La-Mode)
- Creating a Thankfulness Photo Album (Organizing Living Essentials)
- T.H.A.N.K.F.U.L. for my Kiddos! (Neaten Your Nest)
- DIY ‘Thankful’ Dry-Erase Board (Inspire & Indulge)
- What I’m Thankful for: Grandparents and Cinnamon Rolls (The Thing About Joan)
- Healthy Chicken Sausage and Apple Stuffing (My Healthy ‘Ohana)
- Roasted Squash And Garlic Apple Potage (Cul De Sac)
- Vegan Creamed Corn Cornbread (The Pancake Princess)
- Holiday Entertaining: Gifts For Your Guests (Green Door Hospitality)
- Thanksgiving Requests (Ponytail Kind of Day)
- Rustic DIY Thank You Cards (NorthStory)